Here are a couple of Auxillia Kung'u's articles.
We’re looking for more design misfits…
- Don’t you just hate it when your clients/boss tell you this?
- ”Your design is too good for us”,
- “Your design is not like the other sites I’ve seen online, can you make it look like site X?”,
- “This design looks weird, i don’t think the client is ready for this” and our favorite,
- “What the hell is this? Can’t you just do it like everyone else?”
- Have you been holding back your work because you feel that nobody is doing it like you?
- Have you failed to make it past the interviews cause the interviewer just didn’t see it from your perspective (we can’t promise to see it, but we promise to try to listen),
- Do you hate it when a client picks your worst design and you end up with a bunch of really good stuff on your machine that you never launch?
Worry no more! we will take you weird because we are weird just like you. We’ve built our company on weird. Our designs are all weird and our clients have come to love them, in fact some call them ‘innovative’, ‘unique’, ‘creative’, others to this day still don’t get it. That hasn’t stopped us but we need your help to push out more weird stuff
However, we need you to prove your weird enough…
We need your weird if:
- You have 2+ years of hands-on design experience.
- You are proficient in industry standard software (Adobe/ Sketch).
- You have a strong Dribbble/ Behance portfolio or similar.
- You have strong communication skills to present your designs.
- You have strong knowledge of/interest in user centered design processes and willingness to learn and be exposed to them.
- You have a strong background in user interface,graphic design and interaction design.
We would definitely consider your weird if:
- You have 2+ years of hands-on experience designing UI and visual interfaces.
- You have experience with SVG, illustrations, photography and knowledge of typography
- You have experience designing for engineers /software development teams
Should we like your weird:
- You shall be ideating/ pitching/ wireframing/ creating user flows/ prototypes/ visual/ UI designs etc.
- You shall be collaborating with other designers/ developers, both studio-side and client-side.
- You shall be crafting polished experiences for platforms such as Web, Android, IOS.
What’s weird without weird working schedules?
- You’ll work from the comfort of your “home office”, or our office, as shall be advised,
- You’ll work the times you need just make sure you meet all your deadlines and never miss a brainstorm, meeting, presentation or pitch.
Note: Position advertised is on contract basis.
If you fit our definition of weird, send you application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th September 2017.